Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Tree

We had a dead tree right outside our bedroom window, and my grandpa decided it was time to take it down.  Of course he decides to do it at 8:30 on a Saturday morning, when the whole family knows I sleep in on Saturdays.  So, my grandpa, stepdad, brother, and Adam work together to get the tree down.  I didn't get outside in time to get a picture of my brother scaling the tree to get the chain around it.  I was quite sad I missed that shot. 

I didn't realize how tall it was until all of this was going on.
Adam and Josh carrying the chains to chain it to another tree.
Connecting the chains.

My grandpa cranking it a little tighter.

Here comes the tractor!

Adding a little extra pressure with the tractor, just trying to ensure it falls the way we want it to fall.

My grandpa did the cutting.

Cut a little, push with the tractor a little, crank the chains a little tighter, cut some more...
And down it comes!

It'll make some good firewood for this winter.

1 comment:

AbbyLouWho said...

Your house is beautiful! Don't let your grandpa get any ideas about your ivy : )