Thursday, November 10, 2011

August 2011

We went to a Naturals' baseball game with Lillie and our friends, Angie and Ricky.  It was lots of fun until a small child (probably between the ages of 4 and 6), one section over from us, was hit with a line drive and had to be braced and taken in an ambulance.  At first, there was no noise - we wondered if it knocked him out.  A minute or 2 later, the poor child was wailing and didn't stop until he left.  It took a lot of people waving and shouting just to get someone down in the stands to start with, and then it seemed like it took forever for the paramedics to get there.  It was awful and bothered all of us for weeks.  A couple of weeks later, Adam found out by a chance meeting with a man who was talking about his nephew being hurt at a Naturals' game, that the boy's jaw was broken.  Could've been much worse, but that's bad enough.  I can't imagine having family fun at a game and it ending like that.  Poor boy!

Beautiful ladies, Lillie and Angie.
  
Good friends, Angie and Ricky.


On August 20th, we had the TEAMworks Ukraine golf tournament fundraiser.  We got up very early (which is not something I do very often) to set up for the tournament.  My job was to pick up the coffee at Mama Carmen's and deliver it to the golf club.  Children's Therapy T.E.A.M. also hosted an Interactive Metronome course that day, so many of us help set up the tournament and then headed to the clinic for the course.  I don't know that I have ever had such a hard time staying awake for a course.  I had never tried energy drinks before, but on our first break, I headed straight to the gas station for a 5 hour energy drink.  I drank half in the morning and half in the afternoon, and I was good to go.  I also bought a few extra to share with the girls...  We all needed it that day.  At the end of the day it was all worth it.  We got IM certified, AND the golf tournament went VERY well! 

Me and Tiffany at the IM course.  What a morning!
 Lillie sent me this picture of Eli....  He makes quite the cowboy.  Watch out, ladies!
My mother turned 50 this month.  We had a surprise birthday party for her at our house, though of course it ended up being not-so-surprising.  I left a message on the phone of one of her friends, and I guess my phonecall was breaking up when I left it.  She called Mom to clarify about "Carmen's party"...  Ha!
She really doesn't look 50!

Zach and his lovely Aunt Lillie.  Wow!  A picture of Zach's face.... Without it being covered.

The same friend who called for confirmation brought these colorful flowers to the party.


My brother, Josh, and Adam grilled chicken, my Granny made potato salad and baked beans, and I made a broccoli-cauliflower salad.  Can you tell we love to eat??

50 sure is a lot of candles!

But Mom has the hot air to blow them all out!

They're all holding their forks because I forgot to buy plastic forks and didn't have enough regular forks for everyone to use one for food and one for cake.  I made them save their dinner forks for cake.

We hadn't seen my dad's parents, Bud and Jackie, in a looooong time.  We were so glad they came!

Instead of doing "over the hill" decor, we used a pretty red boa for table decoration.  Mom liked it, but it kept shedding, and I'm still finding red feathers every now and then.

No comments: