Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Miracle League Driving Dickson

The Miracle League of Northwest Arkansas is a baseball program for children with special needs.  I have several friends on the board, and many of the children we see at our clinic participate in the program.  It's a GREAT opportunity for adults and children in our area.  I believe the adults have probably as much fun (if not MORE) than the children.  A couple of weeks ago, the program did a fundraiser called "Putt the Pubs on Dickson Street".  Nine of Dickson Street's clubs participated in designing a miniature golf hole.  Participants traveled to all 9 clubs to putt each hole, and the night ended with a live band at Grub's.  Trophies were given to the winning team.  (We didn't win - Ha!)  Adam and I joined up with our friends Kara and Andrew for the fun.  And FUN it was!
Kara, Amy, and I at 21st Amendment, where Amy and Bryan were working for Miracle League that night.

West End had one of our favorite holes.  They had a razorback on the course, and if you got a hole in one, you got a free shot.  Kara and I BOTH got a hole in one here!


Andrew, Kara, me, and Adam with the baseball guy at Clubhaus, where the event started.

This was the course at the Wine Cellar.  It was another neat one.

I love this girl!
Kara and I have been friends for a couple of years now, and I just have to say how much I enjoy her.  She interned with us at the clinic a couple of years ago and then joined us at TEAM.  She's an excellent therapist and a very FUN friend!  She and Andrew are getting married in April, and I'm SO happy for them!  What a perfect couple!

1 comment:

Kara said...

You're too sweet = ) Love ya too and it was fun! Must hang out again soon!