I'm blogging about the month of December in February... Better late than never, right?
This picture is actually from January. See the deer in it? We've had round after round of snow/ice, and we're supposed to be getting more later this week. Ack! I'm so ready for some spring weather!
There was much debate over the Christmas tree this year. I procrastinated putting up the big tree because it's so big (9 or 10 feet tall - I think 9, but not sure). It's such a hassle putting it together, spreading out all of the branches, hanging ornaments with a ladder, and then taking it all down. So a few years ago, I bought this little silver tree from Pier 1 thinking it could be used as a Christmas tree. It did not go over well the year I got it, and has since been hanging out in the craft room. This year I decided it was going to be used as a Christmas tree again.... against my families wishes. They think it's hideous, but I think it served its purpose and was much easier to deal with. It did need something on the top, but I just didn't care by the time I got it in it's place.


Zach and Allison listening to Zach's ipod touch.

Allison on her Tinkerbell 4-wheeler that we got her for Christmas.

Love my nephew!!

Eli on his Spiderman 4-wheeler.

It kept spinning out on the wood floors at my mom's house, so we pulled the rug from the hallway for Eli to ride on.

At the top of Emma's wish list was a laptop. Aunt Carmen and Uncle Lance didn't fail her!

Emma's proud of her art kit, and Sadie's watching her every move from the top of the couch.

Zach got a Celtic Thunder piano music book. He's already playing songs out of it.

One of his so enthusiastic looks on Christmas morning. All his mother ever does is torture him.

Mom and Dad did well this year. Being the artist that he is, Zach likes the animation in Tim Burton's movies, particularly
The Nightmare Before Christmas. We got Zach a lot of
Nightmare Before Christmas paraphanlia, including clothing, coffee cup, metal jewelry box, wall screen, pens, lunch box, and hat-like thing that he's wearing in the above pictures.
Zach is in a strings class at his school. They had a winter concert at the high school, which has a very nice auditorium for a high school. I was very impressed with the school and with the huge orchestra of students.

This picture is just the elementary and middle school students. Zach is in 8th grade, middle school.

Zach is in the light in the center, in front of where the conductor is standing. I just realized I should've cropped this picture, but I'm not going to go back and do it.

Of course Zach immediately removes the tie after the concert. I think I've thoroughly embarrassed him in front of his friends.

Still working on the tie.
Zach also takes piano and violin lessons from Ronnie Holland. Mr. Ronnie is a great teacher and has really encouraged Zach to do a lot with his music. He's attempting to help Zach learn to actually read music, but still encouraging all of the playing by ear that Zach does and is so good at. The following pictures are from Mr. Ronnie's Christmas concert for his students. He calls them "concerts", not "recitals". I love that!

Zach on the violin with Mr. Ronnie accompanying on the piano.

Zach getting his piano music ready. Why he used music, I'll never know because I'm sure he didn't even look at it once....

My boy is growing up!!

No comments:
Post a Comment