We made it back last night around 7:45 p.m. I know some people were concerned because the last thing I posted about was the legal situation, but we didn't go back to the computer lab before we left on the train for Kiev. On Friday, we signed a document that described why we were at the orphanage and what we did while we were there. It was a simple process, and the director was not concerned with the complaint that was filed. He expressed his appreciation for us and was genuinely pleased with the work we did at the orphanage.
For future trips, we have learned that in addition to the orphanage, the regional children's hospital will be a new focus for our team. I described the hospital some on the blog, and Karen described it more on hers. The staff at the hospital indicated that they looked forward to us coming again. They want more doctors to see our work, and they want our relationship with them to grow. We can see that there are many opportunities to help in this place, and we are looking forward to planning the specifics of how it will work.
The trip was far better than anything I expected. We were received very warmly everywhere we went, and I truly believe God's work was accomplished. I knew my perspective on life would change with this trip, but I don't think I realized just how big of an impact it would make. We live in such a blessed country, and (speaking for myself) I take things for granted left and right. It's a definite that my priorities are being evaluated, and my views on many actions in life are changing.
Here are some more pictures. I'm sure I'll be posting more in the weeks to come!
Sorting through the donations for the orphanage.
He loved the picture cards - my kind of boy!
Look at this face! The caregivers reported that this little girl cried all the time, but after a little swinging, we were able to get her to work for about 10 minutes without a tear.
Here she is after swinging for a few minutes in the lycra swing. She really liked the swing.
3 comments:
Wow, you guys are doing such amazing things! I admire all of you! I would love to go on your next mission trip! Though I am not a medical professional--- I can hold and love on all the kids--- and clean bathrooms and pull weeds if neccessary!
Thank you so much for beingthe vessal in which I found out how Alexsey is doing. We pray for him every night and can't wait to bring him home!
BTW, Is that Ivan that is being casted?
What wonderful pictures! We are adopting a blonde 4 1/2 y.o. with Down Syndrome from this orphanage. His name starts with S. Do you think you saw him? I didn't see any pictures of him. I was happy to see the little boy with SB that was pictured! Isn't it wonderful that he is going to be adopted? We are also hoping to adopt a girl from this orphanage when we are there for our little boy, but we have not identified her yet. Always so nice to see pictures! As a PT, I envy your trip! Maybe sometime in the future I can go along. :o)
Missy
mjtaborn@cfl.rr.com
So thankful all are home safe & sound, & that God blessed your mission. Mom
Post a Comment