We have been busy doing our presentation for the caregivers and doctors and working with the children. We talked about development and facilitating development yesterday, and today they brought kids to us to demonstrate techniques. All of our information has been very well-received, and appreciated. The doctors and caregivers seem genuinely interested and want to learn and see as much as they can. It has been a wonderful experience, and I expect it to continue through the week because I know it's not coming from us, but from God.
This afternoon we got to see an orphanage for children age 3 to 7 years. This orphanage is very advanced compared to anything I would have imagined. A lot of money and work have been put into this place, and the professionals there were very knowledgeable. They have done so many things to make the children feel that they are not orphans. It was a great atmosphere.
Tomorrow we will visit the regional children's hospital, which is very exciting for all of us. We are anxious to assess in what way we can help and to deliver the items we purchased for this hospital with your generous donations.
These 2 children need to be adopted ASAP. This summer they will go to an awful institution if someone doesn't save them. They are precious together. The boy calls the girl's name so sweetly and loves on her.
10 comments:
Amazing. I am in tears. Your boy does look happy! Hug all those sweet kids for me.
so the only pics i have seen of amanda she is eating or showing pictures of Lena. ha!
you guys are awesome...let us know if there is anyway we could help...enjoy those kids
Matt Mooney
Wow...I am amazed at the pictures and so proud of the work you all are doing. The kids are so cute. We miss you all!
Amber
I found your blog through Karen's. We adopted our son from Ukraine in 2007. BTW, @ the little boy w/spina bifida - if he's who I think he is, he has a family pursuing him! I shared your blog with the mom so she could see the pics.
Thank you so much for the work you guys are doing for these kids!
Jenn
http://littleboydove.blogspot.com
Yes, the little boy with spina bifida has a family coming AND, I believe the older girl w/ Down syndrome too! This is where I adopted from a year ago (a 16 month old and a 5 yr old, both w/ Down syndrome) and it's so great to see more recent photos!
What fun! My husband and I will be traveling to Ukraine hopefully before summer to adopt one of the little boys with Down's (he's a 4 y.o. blonde) in that orphanage. I was hoping to see more photos but was glad to see the ones of the boy with CP - we were tempted to adopt him as well, but the family he was meant to have stepped up for him. :o) I am also a PT and am always interested in orphan missions; maybe someday I can join in. :o)
Thanks for sharing your story!!
oh my, those 2 caregivers in the last picture were the 2 special caregivers in my daughter Mary's room!! We just brought her home in December, she was dx'd with cerebral palsy but the jury is out on whether that is accurate or not - if so it's very mild. But the point is, are you still there at Antoshka? I'd love for you to give those 2 ladies in the last picture a GIGANTIC hug from me and tell them that Darina is doing well (we have named her Mary Darina and she goes fully by Mary now). There are pictures of her on our blog, linked to my profile.
What wonderful work you are doing, praise God for you & may He bless all your efforts, multiplying them 100 fold!
I love the pictures.....those are Ella Grace's (Angela)caregivers.
www.payne-familyadventures.blogspot.com
I'm looking forward to seeing that little boy go home.
Post a Comment