Monday, December 12, 2011

T.E.A.M. Christmas Party

This year marked my 6th Christmas with Children's Therapy T.E.A.M.  I love my place of work, and I love my colleagues.  There is not one therapist at our clinic who I would not let work with my own child.  Cindy and Kym treat us SO well.  There is always chocolate and coffee in the kitchen, which makes for some very happy therapists.  Everyone is concerned about what is best for each child, which is the way it should be.  God runs our business, I'm positive of it.  I see it day in and day out. 

My first couple of years, we had our Christmas party at the Fayetteville Town Center, but the last few years it's been at the Springdale Country Club.  The food is great, and so much fun is had!  We briefly review the year in numbers (as far as how many kids are seen, how many therapists we have, etc.), have dinner, and then break into dance with the DJ.  I look forward to it every year!

I don't know all of the husbands' names.  Sorry ladies.  And feel free to take whatever pictures you want from my blog.  I know there weren't many of us there with cameras.  And I'm going to take this opportunity to talk a little about everyone...  Hope that doesn't bother anyone!

Connie and her husband, Andrew.  Connie has worked with us since January, and has been wonderful.  She never complains about anything, and she's awesome with feeding and swallowing issues.  I can learn a lot from her!

Some of the boys...  Bryan, Johnny, and Clay.

Adam and me!

Andrew and Kara.  Kara interned with us several years ago, and went straight into working with us.  She liked us that much!  Ha!  Kara is so much fun!  She also went to Ukraine this year and is already ready to go back.

Tiffany and me.  Tiffany did office work with us while she was in school, and she's now an SLP with us.  She's also how I met my husband and now my wonderful sister-in-law!

More of the boys...  Kevin, Jim Bob, Josh, and Jimmie.

Caroline, Julie, Amy, and me.  Caroline has worked with T.E.A.M. I believe longer than any other therapist.  She's a PT and works with lots of kids in the pool.  Julie is an awesome OT who can nip bad behaviors in the bud like no one I've ever seen.  Ha!  Amy is...  well, my Amy.  My work roomie!

Holly, Whitney, and Brittany.  LOVE Whitney's baby belly!  Holly is a PT who always has a pretty smile.  She represented our PT team in Guatemala this year.  Whitney is a ROCKING fun OT!  And Brittany is one of our gorgeous office staff who does all kinds of things (and probably a lot outside of her job description just because she's like that)!

Paige and her hubby.  I really do know his name... just isn't coming to me at the moment.  Paige was our SLP who went to Guatemala this year.  She got to put that Spanish to good use!

Noelle and her hubby.  I should've cropped the bright flash out.  Sorry.  Noelle just works a couple of hours a week with us, but it's always fun to see her smiling face.

Abby and her hubby.  I can't say enough good about Abby.  She was the OT who stepped up and took my place when I got sick and had to miss the Ukraine trip.  She gives and gives and gives and gives of her heart.  Definitely one of the sweetest hearted people I know.

Nicole and Cindy.  Nicole works in the schools but helps to cover kids when we need her after school and through her breaks.  I don't think I've ever seen her look any less beautiful than she is here.  She definitely has a flair for fashion!  And Cindy....  I can't say enough about Cindy.  She is the BEST boss ever!  Has a heart of pure gold!

Abby, Ashley, Amanda, Danielle, Christie, Kym.  Abby works in the office and is going to PT school soon.  Ashley also works in the office and keeps track of ALL of us.  Ha!  Amanda is our HIPAA officer and does lots of other stuff.  Danielle is a PT who just got back from Ukraine - love her!  Christie is also a PT who went to Ukraine last year.  She's on maternity leave with sweet Ava right now.  And Kym... I can't say enough about her either.  She works so hard for all of us (kids AND therapists), and brought my sweet Myrah home from Ukraine. 

Kara and Adam.  I told them to get together for a picture, and it looks like Kara's a little afraid to get too close.  Ha!  No worries, girl.  You've got your man, and I've got mine!

Kara and Tiffany.

Adam and Tiffany.  Brother and sister.  :)


Amy, me, and Connie.  I mentioned Amy earlier, but I didn't really elaborate.  Even though Amy is quite younger than me, I aspire to be like her.  She's wonderful with each of the children she works with.  She's creative and organized.  She loves those Ukrainian kiddos like crazy.  When she prays, I know God listens.  Her heart is another of gold!

Me, Beth, and Kara.  BETH!!!  My Beth!  She used to work with us but works in the schools now that her young'un is in school.  She was picking up food at the country club and saw on facebook that several of us were checked in there, so she decided to crash our party.  I'm so glad she did!  I miss her fun personality!

Caroline, Amber, and Kym.  Amber is our PR person.  She handles some of the most delicate/difficult situations with such professionalism and ease.  She makes everyone feel better after a talk.  She's an awesome advocate for all kids.  AND...  she had my very favorite dress on at the party!  I LOVED the sparkles!


Kristie and her hubby.  Kristie is a PT who joined us this year and also just recently got married.  My hubby accidentally sent a sweet text to HER instead of ME one morning.  I've had a lot of fun with that mistake!  Ha!

Kelly and Ben.  Kelly is an OT who just got back from Ukraine.  She is already ready to go back with Kara.  I have a lot of fun with Kelly.  We went to the NW AR Boutique show together last year, the night before I got married.  As I've posted before, we didn't tell anyone we were getting married, but I told Kelly the night before.  When she asked me what I wanted to find at the boutique show, I said, "By the way, I'm getting married tomorrow, and I'm looking for jewelry to wear to my wedding."  Fun, fun!

Amy and Amanda.

Sharon and her husband.  Another picture I should've cropped.  Oh well!  Sharon is an OT and someone I CANNOT beat at Words With Friends.  She's too smart for me!

Jamie, Allison, and Kelly.  Jamie is a PT new to us this year.  I don't believe I've ever seen her without a smile on her face.  I jumped her one day about running alone, and have felt bad about it ever since.  She's just so darn sweet-natured.  Allison is an OT also new to us this year.  She went to Ukraine just right after starting with us.  Obviously a keeper!  Kelly hasn't worked with us long, but we chatted at another get-together one night.  I'd like to have her running endurance (as well as many of the other girls in these pictures - lots of them ran a half-marathon the day after this Christmas party)!

Nicole and her man.  Nicole is a PT who is covering Christie's maternity leave.  She has to be one of the nicest people I've ever met.  Smiles even when I inform her that her next hour is likely to be rough (an acting-out kiddo).  She just smiles and works.

Tabitha and her hubby...  and I really do know his name, too.  Just can't think of it now.  Tabitha is another person who is positive no matter what she encounters.  She has a couple of teenage girls in her house and handles it so well.  She sacrifices whatever she needs to make sure her family has what they need.  AND, I wish I had her HAIR!

Becky and her husband.  Becky is an OT who is always perfectly put together.  By looking at her, you'd think life is easy and wonderful all of the time, though we all know bumps occur.  You just can't see the bumps with her.  Beautiful and always has an encouraging word to say!

Dustin, Tonya, and Julie.  Tonya is a PT who puts together a lot of our parent-involvement activities.  She arranges our walks - like the Buddy Walk for Down Syndrome and the Autism Walk.  She coordinates the patient appreciation carnivals and much, much more.  She works, works, works for the TEAM - all with a new baby at home!

It's hard to see, but we all lined up around the room to do the gift exchange.  The DJ read a Christmas story, and every time he said "right", we passed the gift in our hands to the right.  Every time he said "left", we passed to the left.  I ended up with a Starbucks gift card.  Perfect for me!

All of the speechies that were at the party.  We have a few more that weren't there.  Top:  Kim, Mandy, Amy, Tiffany, Paige, Cindy.  Bottom:  Kimberly, Kara, Connie, me, Sarah, Lora.

Janett and her hubby did some salsa dancing for us.  It was so fun to watch!  I want to learn to salsa dance now!

Janett is a PT who joined us this year.  She is fluent in Spanish and is always willing to help translate when we need her.  She translated many, many documents for our TEAMworks Guatemala trip this year.  I'm going to have to hit her up for some salsa lessons!
We have lots more therapists and staff who aren't in these pictures.  More people came after I made the rounds with the camera, and several people couldn't make it to the party.  Maybe they'll make it to another post.  I just love the people I work with, and enjoy spending time with them!  That's a big part of what this season is about - spending time with those you love!

No comments: