Tuesday, January 24, 2012

More December 2011

Emma got new glasses!
Last year, Kati and I joined Amy at her house for baking night the week of Christmas.  We each brought the ingredients for several different baked goodies, and then divided them among tins for all of us.  It was a hit, so we did it again this year.  Amy's house is a good meeting place, as she has two ovens.  Doing this together certainly makes Christmas baking more fun!

Amy putting some goodies into the oven.


Kati displaying her cookies with reece's cups in the middle.

You can see Kati's sporting a vintage apron.  Wearing an apron is a requirement for our baking party!

Expertly drizzled oreo balls

Kati's wreath treats


Amy had to go to the attic to find more tins (that she cleverly purchased after LAST Christmas).  I couldn't pass the opportunity to take a picture.  When else will I get to take a picture of Amy in her attic??

Pistachio cranberry cookies.  Yum!

We washed dishes ALL night long!
Christmas play at church - I didn't get many good pictures even though I was close.  Somehow I just got the kids' backs.  All that talk about "facing the audience"....  Um... it didn't work. 
Emma made a beautiful angel.

Ashton made a very handsome angel.  He stayed around after the other angels had left the scene.  Ha!
 The opening of Christmas gifts:
Zach got LOTS of socks.  No more searching for socks!

Sadie got a bag of treats in her stocking.  After she had one, she decided she'd try to get a few more by herself.  She was dragging the bag around the floor trying to get into it.

"Maybe if I turn my head a little this way...."

It's boxers in a box.  How clever!
 Fun with Adam's family:

Awesome!  A smile!!  Now if we can just coordinate looking at the camera and smiling at the same time...


Jackson likes his cars!


Merry Christmas, Tiffany!

We did stockings for Adam's parents this year.  Nettie's happy about her Razorback socks.

Hahaha!  Mike got a Razorback nose in his stocking.  He's calling the hogs...  Woo Pig Sooie!!!


Tickets to a Razorback basketball game.  Thanks, Tiff!

Sheilah looks happy about baking!!

Woo hoo!  Some much needed silverware.  Now we don't have to do dishes as often.  Ha!

Doug got a set of golf clubs and a golf bag.

Jackson got some new wheels!  He's headed outside to try it out.


Oh. My. Goodness.  He's looking AND smiling WITH a bow on his head!  One of the sweetest pictures I've had of Zach in a LONG time (green gum and all)!
  Fun with my family:
I told Eli he had a very special gift from me.  His face says, "What's this special gift all about?"

"It's kinda flat... and square...  This is supposed to be special??"


It's Little Critter!  I like to read Little Critter books to Eli.  I brought my I Was So Mad book home from work to read to him one day, and he really liked it.  So, Aunt Carmen got him one of his own.

Emma knows immediately what her gift is.  It's the only other thing she really wanted that Santa didn't bring her that morning.  It's a Build a Bear armoire for her bear's clothing and accessories.

Awww...  Nanny's reading to Gramps.


Lillie and I with our gifts.  I got her the Naked eye palette, and she got me The Pioneer Woman cookbook and OPI nail polish quick-dry top coat.


No comments: