Thursday, September 6, 2012

I HEART Bahamas!

Adam and I took a sweet vacation to the Bahamas in March 2012.  We stayed Harborside in Atlantis.  It was Adam's first trip to the Bahamas, and my 2nd.  I LOVE BAHAMAS!  I want to go back as often as I can.  I'd take a trip to Atlantis in the Bahamas over any other trip (aside from Ukraine) any day!
Harborside Resorts


On the balcony of our condo.  Ready for some swim time!

In a limo.  Since we stayed Harborside (the timeshare part of Atlantis), we had to take a bus to the big pools in Atlantis.  However, this evening, a Hummer limo pulled up and offered to take us to Atlantis.  We were on our way to Bobby Flay's restaurant.  An awesome date night!


The limo driver and me.  I just love Bahamians!





Outside of Mesa Grill, Bobby Flay's restaurant.  It was by far my favorite restaurant in Atlantis!




This was the biggest yacht in the bay.  We heard that it was rented out each night.  It was HUGE!  And we did NOT rent it.  Ha!

Gotta have a Starbucks!



This wall with seating is my most memorable memory of the Bahamas.  Not sure why.  It's just a neat place between the yachts and Starbucks.

I made Adam pose for this photo.  :)




Bimini Road...  A restaurant that makes a yummy portobello mushroom sandwich.
A view from the top floor in the main hall of Atlantis.  Looks down into the floor with lots of aquariums.




I promise he's not holding a purse.  It's the camera bag.  Ha!

Rooms in the arch are $25,000 a night with a minimum of a 4 night stay.  Needless to say, that was NOT where we stayed.




Leaving Atlantis, Paradise Island, for Nassau, New Providence Island, on the ferry.

Jerry, our ferry guide.  My favorite quote, "and by dee way....".  Which he said a million times.



Goodbye Harborside!

Goodbye Atlantis!

Goodbye Paradise Island bridge!  I walked you last time, but not this time!
Outside the casino at Atlantis

The last time I was in the Bahamas, the Straw Market carried lots of knock-offs and was very fun.  This time, they had NO knock-offs.  I wondered if they got in trouble for selling them.

Nassau, New Providence Island

There are officers everywhere in New Providence.  They are very nice though, and will even pose for a photo.

This is private property on Paradise Island.  Nicholas Cage owns property there, as well as Mick Jagger, Oprah Winfrey, and other famous people.  Jerry told us that although Nicholas Cage is bankrupt in America, he still owns property on Paradise Island.  Ha!

Our "rotund" waiter at Carmine's, a family-style Italian restaurant.  We ordered several things and were stuffed beyond comparison when leaving.

The bartender at Carmine's makes a mean Long Island Iced Tea.  "Your Iced Tea, young lady..."

My handsome hubby sitting on my favorite area, waiting for the Bahamian Mardi Gras.

The yacht we didn't rent at night.  Even more beautiful than during the day.

Can't wait for Bahamian Mardi Gras.

And HERE IT IS!!!



You can barely see me in my brown dress beside the stand, but I'm there, dancing with the Mardi Gras parade.

Dancing away.



Love the ocean life at Atlantis!



My bird picture for Amy.  I just have to get at least one everywhere I go.














Eeek!!!  See the fin???

Beautiful beaches in Atlantis.


LOVE!  I love this man!!!  This was my birthday night.  Adam took me to Nobu for some yummy sushi.  Then we went to a dance club inside the Atlantis casino for some good entertainment!



I did this slide the first time I went to Atlantis and had no desire for the swimsuit up the booty that I experienced previously, so I didn't do it this time.  Adam was brave and did it.  He looked "refreshed" after coming down.  Haha!

Until next time, beautiful paradise....
 

No comments: