Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wedding!!

Ok, so we were going to get married on the beach in March, but every time we tried to set a date, it didn't work for someone involved. So.... we got married this weekend. We didn't tell many people until after it was already done, but my brother and sister-in-law and Adam's sister were in attendance. We did it at some friends' house in Centerton, and their neighbor (who just so happens to be a minister) performed the ceremony for us.

Of course I insisted on doing the "ceremony" outside since the weather was fairly good. My friend was concerned about there only being a few leaves on the trees, but I don't care. I'm all about doing things out-doors, outside of the confinement of walls. :)

The pictures are all out of order, but they make me happy anyway!

Apparently we were listening intently to something at the "reception".


This is myself and Angie, my friend who put the wedding together in less than a week. I love you, Angie!!!

Adam and his sister, Tiffany.

Me and my girl, Emma. She's my neice... but I'd take her as my own in a heartbeat!

Eli, my nephew. He's playing in one of the kids' rooms.

Oh, the kiss..... What more can I say??

I'm thinking as we say our vows that we've already been living this.
I'm just so excited to make it official!!


I love you, Adam!

Doesn't he look happy??? And so good in blue??


My brother, Josh, sister-in-law, Lillie (AKA: my best friend), and their kids.

The beautiful cake that Angie had prepared.
She did a great job considering she had less than a week to plan!

I just can't describe how happy I am. And so thankful for my friends who helped make this even better than I had thought it could be, and my brother and Lillie, and Tiffany.... I love these people! (And not to forget Amy Love Smith, my friend who altered the dress on VERY short notice - I LOVE you, Amy!!)

In retrospect, I'm sad that we didn't include Adam's parents and my mom and her husband, but we're hoping they'll opt to travel to Florida with us sometime this spring so we can get pictures on the beach of a small ceremony - what we had planned from the beginning. Call me crazy, but I still want pictures of it on the beach. I'm all about the pictures.... AND the beach!!


3 comments:

Greg, Kristy, and John Lleyton said...

Congratulations Carmen! You look so happy!

Amy said...

the pictures, the smiles, the cake, all perfect for you. i'm so thankful you are so happy! :) i love you missa carmen!

Missy said...

Congratulations!! Our wedding was very small, too, and it was PERFECT! :o) We too, were going to do a beach wedding, but it was just TOO HOT here, and I didn't want everyone to get all sweaty, when we were supposed to be all doodied up! ;o) We still had a beach theme, though, and we just pretended. lol

Congratulations, Carmen!!!