Monday, November 15, 2010

Another Favorite Ukrainian

I never finished posting about my favorite Ukrainains before I left off blogging. Lance was adopted from Ukraine at the age of 2 years, 10 months. His parents, Karen and John Michael are some of my favorite people. I had the opportunity to work with Lance from the time he came to the U.S. until this year when his family made the difficult decision to move, which put them closer to their families. I'm so sad that I don't get to work with him anymore, but I'm happy for him and his family. I know he's in good hands, as a fellow SLP will be taking good care of his speech-language needs. (I love you, Jessica!!!)

Lance is now 6 years old. How time flies!!! He came to us barely making any sounds, and he's talking up a storm now! He's made soooo many improvements and gains in so many areas. He loves his parents and "home"! He's so adventurous, and his laugh is completely infectious!


This is Lance in the orphanage with his soon-to-be PT momma assessing his PT needs. I love you, Karen!!


Lance and his dad hanging out on the swing at a Children's Therapy T.E.A.M. picnic.


Doesn't he look all grown up in his helmet??


On the trampoline - one of his favorite places!


Another favorite activity - the rocking horse. I miss hearing his rhythmic rocking!


Carrying his container of crayons at OYMA. Such a big boy!


Easter 2009


In the tunnel. This boy can't get enough FUN!!


And my favorite picture... Seriously awaiting his next speech-language activity. He's really saying, "Can we just get to the next peanut butter cracker reward???".

Lance loves his peanut butter! And ice cream. And taco meat, too! We ate so many peanut butter Ritz bits crackers together. He also has a thing for vehicles. We hung out together in the clinic parking lot in "Carmen's car" often! He'd do anything for a quick ride around the parking lot, or just to climb in and check things out! I miss this boy like crazy. Oh the memories... the fun... the love. Watch out, world!.... Lance is going to go FAR!

No comments: