Zach got his wisdom teeth removed in June, and it went well. He wasn't as swollen as I expected him to be, and he only had one small bruise on his face.
Zach also got his hair highlighted last month. At first I didn't want him to do it but then decided that I wasn't going to fight about hair. There are plenty of other things to fight a 13 year old about. I can give in on the hair. I actually ended up really liking it, but I got a "talking to" from my Granny. :o


We also went to the lake in June. Lance spent the first part of the week at the lake with a friend, and the family (his parents, sister & brother-in-law, and my brother & sister-in-law) joined him in the middle of the week. Being the camping fan that I am, I didn't go until Friday after work. I love the water and being on the boat, but I'm all about the short day trips. :)
Emma lounging at the campsite.
The best way to get Allie & Eli to take naps was to put a pillow in the wagon and pull them around until they went to sleep.
Such sweet napping pictures!
Sadie in her life jacket. We love the handle at the top, and I'm just SURE she does, too.We always have fun tubin'. Lillie and I rode some, too, but of course we don't have pictures of that since we ARE the photographers. My brother-in-law, Jeremy, ruptured his eardrum when he went airborne in the tube and hit the water. Judging by his symptoms, I figured he had done it, and he went to the ENT the following week to confirm it. I hate it when things like that happen when you're just trying to have fun!
In the last month, I've seen Keith Urban in concert 2 times. I know, I know... it's crazy, but I'm totally addicted - thank you for getting me started, Lillie. Every time I see him, I want to see him even more. He puts on the BEST show! And you just can't beat his talent. I like singers, but I LOVE singers who can rock their instruments. He's the BEST guitar player (sorry Kati... I know you disagree), and he's awesome at the piano, too. I guess he's not playing the piano on this tour, but he did last year.
In the last month, I've seen Keith Urban in concert 2 times. I know, I know... it's crazy, but I'm totally addicted - thank you for getting me started, Lillie. Every time I see him, I want to see him even more. He puts on the BEST show! And you just can't beat his talent. I like singers, but I LOVE singers who can rock their instruments. He's the BEST guitar player (sorry Kati... I know you disagree), and he's awesome at the piano, too. I guess he's not playing the piano on this tour, but he did last year.
So, I went in July with 6 girls from work. The lineup was:
Kati - OT who thinks Brad Paisley is better than Keith... she's so confused, but I love her anyway.
Kate - PT who was part of the Ukraine lineup. Super cute and sweet, with the most precious little family!
Kym - PT/part owner of the clinic who was also part of the Ukraine lineup and is Myrah's (one of our little Ukrainers) mom. She's the one who decided we were taking this Keith Urban trip. Thanks, Kym!
Amanda - Systems Analyst who was also part of the Ukraine lineup and has 3 children from Ukraine. If there is ever anything you want to know, ask Amanda. Amanda knows EVERYTHING.
Linda - sassy sweeeet lady who keeps us all in line in the office. Thank you, Linda!!! Linda's also mom to another clinic favorite, her sweet daughter, Hannah.
Ashley - super fun girl in the office who runs around the clinic all day dealing with paperwork and whatever else comes up. Ashley always has fun!
So.... we all know I really like my Keith (we're on a first-name basis), which is why I was put in charge of the tickets. Kym said she was giving them to me because she knew they wouldn't get lost if they were with me. I didn't lose the tickets.... I just forgot them. In my work bag. At the clinic. About an hour down the road, Amanda turns to me and asks if I have the tickets. Of course I flip out because I realize I DON'T have the tickets, and they all think I'm joking. I don't think they realized I was serious until I had tears in my eyes. It was not a happy moment for me. It ended up working out, after Kym called Ticketmaster, we unsuccessfully tried to print the tickets at the hotel, I called Ticketmaster again, and they printed them at the will call desk for us. WHEW! I still don't like thinking about it.
This is Kym on some exit making the first Ticketmaster call.
A group shot at the hotel our first night in Dallas. We stayed at Hotel Zaza. Some of us were laughing so hard during this picture that I'm surprised it turned out as good as it did.
A group shot in the hotel before going to the concert.
There he is!!!! My Keith (well, I share him with Lillie, so he's not technically "mine"). Our seats were not-so-good for this trip. Late planning made for Keith being about the size of an ant from our seats.
He has a light-up guitar. You can see the blue in this picture. It changes colors.
He came out for the last 2 songs wearing a Dallas jersey.We had a lot of girl fun in Dallas. Did some shopping, hung out in the pool, and enjoyed being with good friends. Can't wait until we do it again!
On to the next trip (or previous trip - they're out of order, which is bothering me, but at this point I'm not going to take the time to fix it). In June, we saw Keith in Memphis. The lineup for this trip was:
Lillie - My sister-in-law and the one who got me hooked on Keith. LOVE YOU, LILLIE!
LaShea - My other sister-in-law and mom to the sassy, cute Allie in previous pictures.
Kiley - A girl Lillie works with. She's lots of fun.
Shelley - Another girl Lillie works with who NEVER takes girl trips like this. Go, Shelley!
Another of his "stances". :)
So much confetti. You couldn't even see the stage from our seats because of the confetti.



5 comments:
"Hi, my name is Carmen (Hiii Carmen) and I am a Keith Urban addict." :)
Um....Keith....rrrrrocks!
Not sure who Keith Urban is, but every time I see a picture of Sadie, I either smile or laugh! She needs an agent.
Hello Carman,
Would you please send me a quick email? I have a question about your trip to Ukraine and can't find your email address. Thanks so much!
:-)
Theresa
Rockledge, FL
BrevardBuddyWalk@aol.com
Hey, Carmen! We are in Ukraine now! I have some pictures of Sergei and his roomies in Antoshka on my blog if you want to see! www.ourfamilybouquet.blogspot.com
Hugs for Sadie!
Post a Comment