Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Torturing Sadie

Let me just admit that I am totally addicted to the dollar bins at Target. I cannot go into Target without first stopping at those bins full of mostly trash. On a recent trip, I came across some grass skirts for dogs. Yes, for only a dollar you can have a grass skirt for your dog! Of course I couldn't pass up such a deal, so Sadie got a pink one. Putting it on her was an experience in and of itself. Those of you who know my dog know that she screams (or what I call screams - more like yelps with a very high pitch) at everything and nothing. So.... of course it sounded like she was dying just from having the grass skirt put on, though I do have to say that it was a somewhat difficult task. It didn't slip on very easily, and I couldn't get Sadie's long legs to straighten out and go through the waist of the skirt very well. After several minutes of wrestling her and listening to her protests, I got it on. She was HILARIOUS when I first put it on. She kept high-stepping with her left leg. I have no idea what she was doing, but it made for some good laughs. She LOVED the skirt.... it was obvious (hahahaha - NOT).


3 comments:

Missy said...

Oh, that is just too funny!!!!! The things we do to our dogs!! My little Boston has several dresses (including a tank top and denim miniskirt combo) but the stupidest thing I've ever bought her was a pink with black polka dotted floppy Sunday-Go-To-Meetin' hat! I think it stayed on one second. It fell off, she grabbed it ran to her bed and chewed it up. I won't tell you what I paid for it, but it wasn't a dollar!! LOLOL

I LOVE your dog. We have two whippets, so we're all in the family. Have a good one!

Ross and Kate said...

Love it! She has a very tiny waist :)

junglemama said...

Please email me at thereed8 at yahoo . com. Thanks!