1. When you upload a post on Blogger, why does the time document when you first started the post instead of when you published the post? I assume that's the time it puts, though I'm not sure. All I know is that it's always much later when I publish a post than the time that's posted at the bottom. Apparently I take a long time to write posts.
2. This monkey/gorilla/primate (whatever it is) was kissing me through the glass at the Kansas City Zoo. Look out Lance! I have a new boyfriend. (Sorry to my friends who don't like zoos because they have wild animals contained.... just pretend you didn't see this picture.)

3. All of you who know me know that I really like Keith Urban. Everybody needs a little Keith. This picture was taken at one of the several concerts I have been to. It's the big screen, not him up close. I get to go see him again in June, in Memphis! Thank you for taking me, LILLIE! On the Keith note, did you see him on American Idol playing with Kris Allen??? OH MY!!!
5. I used to have a Nike shirt (a looooong time ago) that I thought said "Mike". Heehee!
6. My friend Amy Love (she is going to LOVE me for this picture) showed me a website one day where you can load your own picture, and it puts celebrites' hair and bodies with your face. The first picture is Amy (AKA: Paris Hilton), and the second picture is me (AKA: Reece Witherspoon). Um, yeah.... I WISH!


7. This picture was sent to me by a teacher.... My child did NOT leave the house like this on "crazy hair day" at school. He also did not return home looking like this. I didn't know about it until the teacher sent it to me. Zach is the one on the left, and his friend is the one with the Alfalfa (spelling?) thing going on at the back of his head. (Not sure why the picture is gray at the bottom.... things like that really bother me.)
8. How do people keep their houses clean? People with clean houses must not work, have children, have a facebook account, exercise, read for fun, or blog. Or maybe there just really are superwomen (and possibly supermen) out there who can do EVERYTHING. If that's the case, I'd appreciate some tips from those of you who fall in that category.....
9. I bought a new Dell in December 2007, and had more trouble than I want to describe with the computer and the company. In Dell's defense, I had previously had 2 other Dells that I loved.... but this one... Well, I'll probably (no, definitely) never purchase another Dell again. This is a picture of the blue screen of death before the computer finally kicked the bucket. Thank you, Fusion Data Services for saving my computer from an awful death by demolition. Did I say I really don't like Vista? Did I say I'm never going to purchase another Dell? And did I say I really don't like talking to people in other countries for hours at a time about a computer?
10. I LOVE the movie Napoleon Dynamite. I know, it's totally corny, and for sure not the kind of movie that I would typically like, but I never get tired of quoting it. A parent I work with told me about Kip's wedding after the credits... I can't believe I was missing out on that! Thanks, Cari, for enhancing my Napoleon Dynamite experience! :)
11. I love to see these 3 crosses as I'm driving down the interstate. They are beautiful and a perfect reminder of what's really important in life.
12. Yes, we have a totally spoiled Italian Greyhound. Sadie wears a lifejacket while we're on the boat. At first it was Lance's idea, and I thought he was just crazy. But the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of it. If she fell in the water, she could easily be seen in this bright orange. Now if we could just keep her from sneaking off while walking the campgrounds at night....
13. I can't get the song "I'm a Little Teapot" out of my head tonight.
14. I can quote the book Because a Little Bug Went Ka-Choo word for word. Not that it's a very long book or anything.... I'm just proud of it anyway. :)
15. I love the kids I work with, and their parents, too. This is a picture of gifts from a smart, entertaining young fellow and his mother for my birthday. His grandmother made the sweets in the bowl, but the movie, travel mug, and book were from him and his mother. I could not have asked to work with better people, and they know me so well!

16. And finally.... why I totally love my job (besides the awesome kids and parents).... It's seriously too much fun at times. I feel guilty that I have such a fun job.... well, some days anyway. :)

Miss Kristy takes the doctor pretend play very seriously. She is really enjoying the glasses, syringe, and stethescope. Sorry, Kristy!! It's too good to not share!

Well... I CAN fit in the highchair (barely, with some squirming). This must have been late in the day on a full moon as I certainly wouldn't have done this had I been thinking right. Who knows what's going on with the hand....

A wonderfully entertaining young girl of Amy's (who also has an exceptional imagination) deemed these Little People Miss Kristy, Miss Amy, Miss Carmen, and herself. If I remember right, I am the Hawaiian girl. I consider myself the lucky one.
I saved the best for last. One of Miss Amy's little boys came in with a purse one day. This is a picture of the contents of his purse: tongs, a butter knife, a realtor's card, and... what's that last thing? - help me remember, Amy!
Let me just say this again: I LOVE MY JOB!!!

6 comments:
CArmen the fourth thing was a screwriver hehehe...and wow...i am super HOOOOT as a doc.
What a fun post!! Smiled (and laughed!) the whole way through! I almost got an Italian greyhound, but ended up with two whippets instead.
And where is the website where you can put your face on a celebrity's body? I gotta know!!
Thanks again for the fun read.
Ummm, you get to be Reese and I'm Paris hilton???? I should have reversed those! :) hee hee.
I love the pic of you in the high chair, must have been a full moon. Actually, I'm sure it was! And, the last thing in the purse was a screw. LOVELY. My new fave picture is kristy as a doctor.
Carmen, I think that is the funniest blog post I have ever read! If I was at work more often, I'd come hang out with you speech therapists...funny stuff happens in there!
I think I need to end my maternity leave and come hang out with you all. You are having too much fun at work. ha! Miss you all! I want to know about that hair website.
that last comment was really from me. seems a certain 9 year old is signed on to my computer.
cindy
Post a Comment