Sunday, January 11, 2009

BMW in the Woods


This is a picture of Zach on the tractor pulling Lance in the BMW out of the woods. It's quite an interesting story. I got a call from Lance while I was at Walmart one day last September. He said he needed me to come home because he needed my truck to pull the BMW out of the woods, that it had "rolled into the woods". I was like, "WHAT???" I quickly finished my shopping and this was the scene as I pulled in the driveway. (Lance found the key to the tractor, which he couldn't find at the time he called me to bring my truck home.) The story goes that after parking and getting out of the car, Lance was giving Zach a good reeming for some offense he had committed. I can't even now remember what his offense was. As Lance was laying into him, Zach points and says, "DAD - the CAR!!" Um.... yes, the car was rolling into the woods. If you look closely in the picture, you can see the trail it left. Apparently the emergency break on the BMW doesn't work so well. Lance left the car in neutral and set the brake, which is typically an ok thing to do, provided the emergency brake works correctly. The car was almost completely hidden in the trees by the time it stopped. Amazingly, it remained unscathed aside from a small scratch that was easily buffed out. Lance's conclusion for the incident was that God was being patient with him (hence, no harm to the BMW) even though he was not being patient with his own son (the somewhat overly severe reeming Zach got). It's always a good thing to be able to find a positive in a seemingly negative situation. :)

No comments: