Thursday, October 4, 2012

Summertime!

Skeet shooting (or as Lillie calls it, "Redneck Family Fun,") is something I participated in this summer.  The family sometimes shoots skeet at our house, but I had never shot until this year.  I'm just saying...  It was super FUN, and I will be doing it again!
I was watching the guys, debating on whether I was going to join them...

Decided I'd be the photographer...

My grandpa was joining in if the shooter didn't get it on the first shot.  Ha!

My Uncle Cecil

Skeet....  I didn't even know exactly what it looked like until this day... 

The skeet-shooting contraption...  I'm thinking I need one of these myself.  Adam and I could have lots of fun anytime we wanted!

My man!

My Papaw!  I love this man!

And yeah...  I sorta got into it.  Was all serious, and when I hit the first one they shot off for me, I was like "YEAH, I HIT THAT!!!"  I think my family thought I was nuts, but I guess I just never thought I'd hit one.  It was lots easier than it looked like, and I was hooked after the first shot.  BOOM!  YEAH!

Lillie hit them, too!  The girls just might be more "natural" shots than the boys...  Just sayin'!

My brother's look in this picture cracks me up!
Emma turned 8 on July 15th.  She had a swim party at my mom's house.
Eli busted his lip in the garage before the party even started.  He was playing in this car that I remember playing in as a little girl.  My brother and I had so much fun with this thing!

I love this family!  Ricky and Angie, and their kids, Annabelle and Ashton.

The shirt says it all for Zach!


Eli likes to play AROUND the pool.

It was so hot that day!  I don't know how he was playing on the deck and not getting in the pool.

Seriously?  What's up with the kids not getting in the pool.  Eventually I decided it was too stinking hot and got in the pool myself.

Birthday girl's in the pool!


Jessica, Lillie, and me.  Jessica and I got in the water, but Lillie, the perfect little hostess, didn't.

I just love this guy!

So thankful for him!

My brother and mother.  Hahaha!

Sweet Papaw!

You know Zach's just loving this!  Nanny sitting on his lap...

Ashton and his faces!

My granny and papaw.  2 of my favorite people!

Emma read every card.  So considerate.

Thanks to Angie, Emma got her first pair of Miss Me jeans.  Oh dear!!!
We didn't get much rain this summer.  I got super excited when I saw these rain clouds!
These 2 pictures show how low the pond was early this summer.  It got lots worse later in the summer.  I'll have to see if I can find more pictures showing how low it was.


No comments: