Leks is a very happy, easy-going little man who rarely complains about anything. He is smart, intuitive, and loooves to have fun. AND, he likes to listen to Keith Urban, which totally makes him great in my book. One time Leks was playing with my hair and said, "Miss Carmen... you're hair is beautiful, like a princess." He had me from "princess". So, he's forever been deemed my prince, and I let him know it often. Leks comes up with the most hysterical sayings and continuously keeps us entertained. He is certainly a bright spot in my speech therapy days. I'm Leks' speech therapist, but the same as with Myrah, he's much more than a just a client to me.
Leks on a family vacation in Destin, FL.
At the table in the speech room, looking all handsome in hisOn Your Mark Academy school shirt.
Razorback Day at the clinic. Leks ALWAYS wants his picture taken.
More work in ST.
This was a morning that I got to do speech therapy in the hyperbaric oxygen therapy chamber with both Myrah and Leks. You can see Leks studying a picture card very hard, and Myrah is probably thinking.... I use those cards... I want my speech card back. This is a picture of the 3 of us composed and hard at work with speech therapy.
And here is a picture of the 3 of us completely losing it. I can't remember exactly what happened, but Leks got very tickled about something and nearly fell off the end of the cushion. I was smashing Myrah trying to keep Leks from falling off onto the metal part of the chamber. Myrah and Leks were both laughing hard, and I couldn't stop myself from joining them. We DID recover eventually, and of course got right back to work on speech/language enhancement. :)
Leks and Miss Amy - 2 of my most favorite people in the world - cheesing it up!
Leks' walker's name is Mighty. He loves to name his equipment. This picture isn't very clear, but you can see how big and happy he is in his walker.
This is one of my all-time favorite pictures of Leks. Not sure what it is about it, but I just love it.And finally, a video of the fun we have in speech therapy. (I really do work - I promise!) Leks has been working on accuracy with his /s/ and /z/ sounds for a while now, and I'll just tell you... Miss Carmen will do anything for good sounds from this boy! Leks and Miss Carmen DANCING (please excuse the terrible sound - we had to make our own "music" on this particular day):

2 comments:
WHAT CUTE KIDS!!!
Yes, Missy.... I know your Eric is very, very cute, but I have to say that I love these kiddos soooo much! I would take either of them as my own in a heartbeat! No joke.
Post a Comment