Monday, June 13, 2011

Insanity!

Why do I let my sister-in-law influence me?  Because I love her, she's very intelligent, and she has great ideas....  Her latest endeavor, however, has gotten me wondering about her sanity (and my own for being so easily influenced).

I've been complaining for a while now about the weight gain I've had in the last year.  I keep saying I need to do P90X and run and eat better.  All that has been talk and no action, and Lillie knows this.  Lillie has also decided that her skinny self needs to lose an inch or two, so she tells me that there's this new program out that's kind of like P90X but requires no equipment.  I'm thinking, "no equipment MUST equal less work!"  So she shows me the online video, gets me excited about a free t-shirt when you submit your before and after pictures, and I'm all in.  The online video was scary, but you know... it wasn't real yet.  So.... a purchase was made.



The package came, and we started the program tonight.  Adam, Lillie, and I completed the "Fit Test".  To quote Shaun T, the Fit Test will "put your body to the test and see what you're made of."  Obviously, I'm made of cheesecake, Dr. Pepper, and chips because I couldn't breathe after just a short way into the WARM-UP!!  The test has you do as many reps of various exercises as you can within 1 minute.  Let's just say that my number of reps on everything was pretty much poo.  Completely embarrassing, yet somehow motivating...  Just thinking about the program makes me feel a bit... well... insane!  I do not like plyometrics.  I do not like cardio workouts.  But I do want to be able to wear my clothing without my jeans cutting into my gut.  I REFUSE to purchase bigger clothes, so I'm just suffering in the ones that I have.  They're stretched to the point of fraying fabric.  If I don't do something NOW, I'll be busting out of them!

Send in your before and after pictures and measurements, and get a free Insanity t-shirt!  This was huge motivation for purchasing the program.  Why???  I don't know.  We all love free stuff, don't we?
So, here goes nothing!  Adam, Lillie, and I will be insanely FIT in 60 days!  Well, insanely FIT, or just insane.  We shall see...

P.S.  I reserve the right to veto any and all of the nutrition program associated with Insanity as I see fit.  I.  Love.  Food.  Real food!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Oh carmen! I've heard Insanity is CRAZY!! Have fun with it = ) I think you're beautiful how you are = )